Upgrades from the original Luton Major include but are not limited to:
1. Structure upgraded and re-stressed for modern engines and safety.
2. Fuselage lengthened by 2 feet for more cockpit comfort for big people, and better balance
with heavier engines.
3. Delrin bearings throughout the control system including control surface hinges. These are
easy to make and do not need lubrication in service. No more steel to rust, no more ball
bearings. Standard aircraft bearings may still be used.
4. Provision for toe breaks.
5. Bigger wheels and tires.
6. Wing lift struts redesigned for safety and ease of construction.
7. Cabin Structure redesigned for maximum strength, and to simplify fittings and eliminate
many nuts and bolts.
8. Redesigned fuel tank and fuel system.
9. Supports the installation of Continental, Lycoming, Rotax, Corvair etc.
10. Closed gap Ailerons to maintain aileron lift and control effectiveness.
11. Wing spar design cleaned up and fold mechanism improved.
12. Many fittings simplified using aluminum alloy.
13. Two bearings in control torque tube, not three (a big no no).